It was actually a couple of weeks back, but I've been on vacation the past couple of weeks, so just getting to posting this....

I had been really missing the Squier Vintage Modified Cabronita with the Bigsby that I sold a while back. I've got the Bigsby covered with the '72 Thinline RI I bought when I sold the Squier Cab, but I liked the sound of the Filtertron-type pickup that was at the neck position. So, long story short, I'd been looking at Cabronitas online for the last couple of months, and came across a nice one at Reverb.com--the Thinline variant, MIM, with a pair of the Fender Fidelitron pickups. Made the seller an offer and it was accepted.

Really enjoying this puppy so far. It sounds like nothing else I own, with a ton of jangle from these Filtertron-type pickups. Great bite and clarity. It arrived perfectly set up--great action and spot-on intonation. I love the lightness--this makes my third semi-hollow Tele, though the Bigsby on my '72 Thinline RI pretty much negates the wood weight reduction. The neck is super-comfortable to play; there's some very slight "fret sprout" on the neck, but not enough to cause any playing discomfort.

The only feature I didn't particularly care for was the vintage Strat-style hardtail bridge, which was a little too wide for the guitar--the two E strings aligned poorly with the outer pickup poles and were pushed out closer to the fretboard edge than I like. So I replaced it with an American Strat hardtail bridge which aligns with the pickup poles much more closely. Of course, that meant resetting the action and intonation with the saddle height and length adjustments, but that was a fairly minor task. I'll probably just stick with the stock Fidelitrons and controls for now, though further upgrades are always possible.

I did make one other change, although a purely aesthetic one--I thought the black pickguard on the white body was a bit plain, so I dressed it up a bit with a faux alligator leather p/g I found on eBay for $18 delivered. See pics below.

As purchased:

Body close-up with the new pickguard: