Maybe a little off, but I’ve learned to appreciate and value the sound characteristics of an instrument more and more over the years. I had quite a few Les Pauls over the years. Actually, I grew up playing on a Strat and would say I am a Strat guy. The truth is I always boght Les Pauls for the look and I always forced myself to play them regularly at home and at gigs (changing guitar for songs etc). All this was senseless until I started to listen and to feel the Les Paul, until I stopped comparing it or even try to make it sound like a Strat. I hope you know what I mean. Only then the instrument started talking to me and started showing me it’s sweet spots. In the end I’ve started to play and compose differently on the Les Paul and here for me starts the bis advantage of different instruments. Even my beloved Strat has its limitations...You will reach 22nd fret on a Les Paul if you need it - but I’d suggest start knowing your instrument for what it really is. In fact, the Tribute Les Paul was the real door opener to me. Light, simple, fantastic playability, beautiful, and foremost inspiring.