Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

Thread: FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default FS: '97 Godin LGX 2000

** DEAL PENDING **

For sale here is a guitar that I bought a couple of years ago because of its combination of magnetic and piezo pickup systems. I picked it up specifically for use in our church praise band, but the membership in the band has changed substantially and I no longer need to be able to play both electric and acoustic. Consequently, it's just been collecting dust for the past year+. Would like to see it go to somebody who would really get some use from it, cuz it's a quality instrument. Gorgeous flamed maple top, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, and Schaller tuners. It has three output jacks--one for each of the two pickup modes plus a third that allows blending of the two outputs.

The mag pickups are Schaller Tetrad humbuckers, each of which are constructed from a pair of stacked humbuckers, much like many of the noiseless Strat pickups out there. So there are actually four coils in each pickup, hence the name "Tetrad". The bridge pickup is wound "hot" at about 14.5 Kohms, while the neck is a more vintage 7.7K. The pickup selector switch is a 5-way that integrates coil splitting in the two "in-between" positions. The volume control for the humbuckers also has a push/pull switch that engages a passive mid-scoop, which alters the output tone very noticeably, and really brings out top-end sparkle. It's a very useful setting with some of the pickup combos, and less so with others, but it definitely adds some additional voicings to the guitar.

The acoustic sounds are provided by an LR Baggs under-saddle piezo system controlled with sliders for volume, bass, mids and treble on the upper bout. Sounds great by itself, and the blend pot with the magnetic pickups through the third output jack is a very cool feature.

The guitar comes with the original Godin HSC; it has some mileage on it but is still 100% functional.

Price is $600 + FedEx shipping (US & Canada destinations only). PayPal payment required. Contact me by PM if interested.

If you'd like to hear what these pickups sound like, check out these two YouTube videos:

Clean + acoustic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOrNY48LTs

Crunch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55uri3p-Ivg

Photos:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; February 17th, 2017 at 08:20 PM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!