Quote Originally Posted by kidsmoke View Post
so lets talk about this.

you've got humbuckers, but if I understand you correctly it's more accurately 4 stacked p'ups, PLUS the piezo.
Correct. Perhaps a bit more specifically, 2 pairs of stacked pickups in each humbucker. So 4 coils per humbucker rather than the usual 2.

The 5 way allows manipulation of the buckers, the push pull adds the mid scoop...all of that is in relation to the buckers only.
Correct.

THEN you've got the piezo, and to select that you use the toggle. The toggle is a three way allowing you to select output - buckers out - "acoustic" out - or both out.
See below
IF the last option is chosen (both out), you THEN have a blend knob to select the degree of bucker/koostic tones you're hearing.
See below
If wishing to have all these options at your disposal, you would end up with three, count 'em, THREE, cables exiting the guitar.
No, you don't need 3 cables! There is a dedicated 'bucker output jack, a dedicated acoustic jack, and a third jack that allows you to blend or switch between the two. The 3-way toggle works only on that third jack. So if you want to either (1) be able to switch back and forth between the two output modes or (2) blend the mag & piezo outputs in whatever ratio you desire, you use that third jack and set the 3-way in the appropriate position (mag/piezo/both).

Do I have this correct?
You were on a roll there until the end!
Let me know if any of that is unclear or you have additional questions....