On Friday I completed my 49th orbit around Sol which means I have a little bit of money to spend. For some time I've wanted to get a decent mic. I'd use it for recording spoken vocals for a radio devotion I do every couple of months. Right now I drive to the radio station to record. I'd also like to use it for recording my guitar or bass. I would be recording via my computer and Audacity.

Of those I've come up with the following ideas from most to least expensive:
1) Shure SM7 with a X2u preamp/USB converter. A classic. The radio station uses something at least similar to it. The mic at least should last forever. At Amazon for $199. Would also need an XLR cable. It comes with a USB cable. Wish it was the other way around because I have plenty of USB cables.
2) Rode NT-USB. I really like how it sounded in Rob Chapman's reviews of it awhile back. I would be simple, but could never be used with an XLR (doubting that would be an issue with me). Sounded good with guitar and vocals. At Amazon for $169
3) Blue Yeti. A lot of podcasters/Twitch streamers use it. I don't know many who use it to record electric guitar, though. Right now I can get the blackout version on Amazon for $115. Would need to get a pop filter, although I never use one when I record at the radio station.

Thoughts? Input? Banter?