I have been wrestling with GarageBand 10 and losing, at east in terms of getting what I would call decent tones. Cleans are not bad but all the dirt is very harsh and papery sounding. No depth.

Not giving up but to give myself a break I decided to record some live amp stuff and am a little bit more pleased with the outcome. Recorded rhythm and lead through vocal mic channels, got all the effects from the front end. But speaking of modelling, this isn't just the amp. Using my Boss GT-100 as a pedalboard through a Mesa Transatlantic. Two mics, an old Audix in the gill of amp and an older Apex condenser mic further back for room sound stuff.

I think it's getting close to tube-ish but hard to say having heard it a bit. The drums and bass are GB10. Rhythm on a Strat, lead and slide on a PRS singlecut semi.

Give a listen if you like. Comments always welcome, especially about the guitar tones and tones overall. I know the ditty and playing aint nothing to write home about, but the sound is at least getting closer.

https://app.box.com/s/zjl67xq5l7kr7irzrnmnopkm0t097dbn