The old joke says "Practice!!", but you could also sing with the choral ensemble for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation Hymn Festival at Carnegie Hall, which is what my two kids did this past Sunday. One of the organizers for the event, Dr. Ralph Schultz, is a member of our church and former president of Concordia College in Bronxville, NY, a small Lutheran college. My kids, both of whom possess beautiful singing voices (no brag, just fact), were fortunate enough to be able to participate, first with a smaller group that performed much of the same material locally at the Troy Music Hall, and then with the larger group at Carnegie Hall on Sunday. My wife and I drove down to Concordia and then took a chartered bus into Manhattan. To say the least, it's quite a thrill to be able to see your kids on stage at Carnegie Hall!!

Here are a couple of photos; the first is a close-up of my daughter, who happened to be at the end of her row, the second is a partial shot of the ensemble with Dr. Schultz conducting where I've circled my son in the photo, and the third is a shot of the entire choral ensemble and orchestra. Actually, there were two separate choral ensembles of approximately equal size that performed, separated by an intermission.