Hi all,

I fired up my Jet City for what was the first time in an embarrassingly long amount of time. As soon as I cranked up the gain (as is my custom) I got a level of noise that made me concerned about the state of my amph. So I began some troubleshooting. I started by yanking out the leads to the effects loop. The noise went away. Aha! I narrowed it down to my 1-Spot. If I plug something in directly to the 1-Spot itself, everything works well and quietly. As soon as I try to use the daisy-chain thing, the noise comes back. Obviously I have a short somewhere because if I mess with the lead, the noise gets stronger or weaker and it's crackly the whole time. Also, my Digitech Hardwire delay adds its own noise if it's daisy chained, but it's as quiet as a church mouse when plugged in directly.

So here's my question: is it worth getting another daisy chain cord? Would I be better served getting some other kind of power supply? I don't really want to leave only one pedal powered at a time (where's the fun in that?). Any suggestions on a reasonably-priced but good quality power supply? My birthday is coming up in a few weeks (50, yikes) so this would be as good of a time as any.

FYI: I have four pedals plugged in at all times: my tuner, my beloved Thesis 96 (thanks again, DVM!), my Hardwire delay, and my Polara reverb. Others occasionally get put on.