Hey DVM!

Yeah, I'm not Captain Sweatyhands, but I just don't like glossy necks. My bass' neck has a finish that isn't really glossy but it isn't satin either. I like that a lot. For whatever reason, I'm way less picky about bass specs than I am about guitar. Probably because I started playing guitar in the Internet era Bass was WAY before that.

I do know how to do basic setups (apart from fret work or nut slot adjustments) so that's not a huge issue for me. I guess the intonation was the big head scratcher for me. Setup tastes will be different. Intonation is either right or not. The nut slot thing was crazy too. Anyone should have been able to see that if you give it even a cursory look-over.

I have looked at the Squiers. The gloss and 21 frets are problems for me. 21 frets aren't the end of the world, but I always feel like I have a finger chopped off. The neck tint tends to be too amber for me as well. I'd also like to try some G&L guitars but the only local shop that had them went out of business.