Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
I talked with one guy at a local store. As it happened, they were placing a huge order with Fender. He said I was under no obligation (and I said I didn't want to stick them with inventory) but he ordered the Fender Deluxe Strat and Nashville Tele I was looking at. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I dropped the news with my wife/CFO that I was looking at that. Kinda excited, actually.
I went to that local shop. They had those guitars in stock. I liked the Deluxe Strat. The only thing that gave me pause was the bridge pickup. Super bright. I'd have to rewire it to be on a tone control. I don't know why, but I liked the Nashville Tele much better--even better than the one at GC. I don't know why that is. I just wanted to keep playing it. I much prefer the Tele bridge. They have them slightly cheaper than MF. They're also having a sale until Sunday, offering 5-40% off, depending on a coin you pick out of a hat. I'm sure it'd be 5%, but that would at least eliminate tax. They also offered me a good price on my '51. Hmmm.