Well, in the last coupla weeks I picked up my first two pedals (Boss DS-1, and Digitech Bad Monkey). I have been playing around with the DS-1 a week or so on its own with my Peavey Classic 30 and strat. Using the clean channel. Last night, added the monkey, after the DS-1 before the amp. Fiddled around with both pedals (amp set clean, trem on and off at 5 and other tone amp tone levels at 5). Main volume at 3 (It was late). Messed around both together, and tried the levels for the Monkey suggested by its online demo. I got all the above ideas from reading threads here, and by corresponding with Spud. (Thanks, Potato man!)

I settled in on a setting I really liked for a song I am just learning, "Wish you were here" by PF. (intro and verse chords at this point, not so much the solos yet).

I found a setting that gave me what I felt was a great tone for the song. Amp set as above, trem off, Monkey with level and high at 12, low at about almost 2, gain at 1:30; DS-1 set with level at 12, tone at 10, distortion at about 8:43. Strat>DS-1>Monkey>amp. Loved it!

Beyond the settings suggested by the BM demo, and the DS-1 instructions, can anyone give me some starting points for types of music, particular songs (any songs, I am willing to learn anything), etc., especially in combination? Don't worry, I won't (probably) get hung up on someone else's settings, just want to get some starting points. Remember, I've had the amp less than a month too, and I have it's settings to explore! Thanks guys for your help to the enthusiastic, spastic newbie!

(Hey, there's a band name for one of you guys, The Enthusiastic Spastics!)

No offense intended!