Thread: Vox Vs Vox...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I compared a Spider II to a Valvetronix once, and the Vox blew the Line 6 off the planet in a big poof! All there was left was a little green spot on the floor where the amp had sat, and small puff of smoke.
    Not being one to question such an authoratative review of the Line 6 Spider series amps, I thought I might offer up a web link so that Fretters who "may" be considering one of these great amps can decide for themselves - sans the fantastically descriptive imagery:

http://www.line6.com/spideriii/sounds01.html

It should also be noted that the Spider lacks any type of "valve reactor" circuit or other tube-based pre-amplification device, which I feel would eliminate it from being a true "apples to apples" comparison to the Vox. The Spider's sound is being generated entirely by solid-state circuitry. As most knowledgable players will attest, hybrid technology undoubtedly holds some major tonal advantages vs. most (but not all) true solid-state equipment.

Lastly, I would make mention of the fact that Line 6 has been a pioneer in the modeling field since its onset. Part of the reason that the technology is where it is today is because of these efforts, many of which today are widely copied and used by other gear manufacturers. Legions of professional musicians and hobbyists count on Line 6 products for their quality, value, product support, and above all - fantastic tone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Not being one to question such an authoratative review of the Line 6 Spider series amps
    I don't get it... Nelskie has left here a few times.. Ok, The guy writes nice reviews, he can spelt..I can't.. The review Robert gave told me something in a very short and simple fashion.. straight to the point... VOX rocks and spiders don't... looking around.. it seems to be the general opinion.. and in as much..thats all it was.. Robert's opinion... For The Educated NElskie to get upset and leave again makes no sense at all... if you can't stand the heat why put your hand in the fire... something like that.. Heck, Im comic relief... I don't give a sheeeet.. Im here for opinions if they are 2 line opinions or 2 pages long.. to be honest... the 2 liners keep my attention longer.

I wish that Nelskie would return... I wish he would write good articles for us.. but I raised four kids... when they stomped off to their bedrooms..I just let them alone... they eventually came back cause they care and just felt hurt... we all have feelings.. lets not tread on them.... and just enjoy guitars...

Oh Btw..I got a CYBER-CHAMP I sold..it ROCKS..and leaves all else in dust.. ofcourse now I got a CRATE... it rocks harder even though its smaller!! Another words..we all have opinions.. if you have one ...leave it here.. but not with downing others in the process... we all learn from the smallest to the largest opinion... you know some have bigger ones than others...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Im here for opinions if they are 2 line opinions or 2 pages long.. to be honest... the 2 liners keep my attention longer.

I wish that Nelskie would return... I wish he would write good articles for us.. but I raised four kids... when they stomped off to their bedrooms..I just let them alone... they eventually came back cause they care and just felt hurt... we all have feelings.. lets not tread on them.... and just enjoy guitars...
    You made some good points there, Justa. I'm all for opinions here as well, but I think they need to be taken with a grain of salt and a bit of humor. I don't mean sarcasm by humor, btw. If I read a review stating a Squier 51 is a piece of sh!t because it doesn't compare to a Fender Tele, I smile and move on. It's surprising what lengths folks will go to trying to prove their view is the only valid one, and if others don't agree, then they're "sadly mistaken", for lack of a better description....are Gibson SG's or Les Pauls inferior instruments? No. Why did Carlos Santana stop using them years ago, then? I dunno...guess he likes PRS's better. He's entitled to his opinion.
    I believe any member here has a right to state their opinion, as long as they respect others rights to do the same, and not get indignant/offended when someone respectfully disagrees.
    If I ask a question, I appreciate input. I will offer an opinion or suggestion, but I don't feel slighted in the least if it's ignored, because everyone doesn't share the same view on any given subject.
    Does a '51 sound good through a ValveJr? If you add a Bad Monkey? A Danelectro delay? That's pretty inexpensive gear...sounds good to me, though. Somebody else thinks it sucks? OK..Worth getting upset over? Nah.

The Fret has alot to offer. Reviews, tech. articles, mods, recording tips, links to cool stuff and tips on bargains, etc. I visit here because it's fun and informative. I try to contribute what I can to the forums and the site. If I saw any type of advice posted here that was downright dangerous, I'd jump into an argument immediately. I enjoy some good-natured joking and humor, but I try not to post things that might be taken as insulting, different people interpret things differently, sometimes I screw up, I apologize.
    I visit here mostly, however, for things pertaining to guitar. Facts.
    Opinions are fine. They're just opinions, though. Everybody's got one...you know the old saying. An opinion you disagree with won't shorten your lifespan, cost you any money, or make you lose your self-respect, providing you take it for what it's worth. That's just my opinion, though.
    Arguing, however, to make sure everybody knows "I'm right-and-you're-wrong", is a different thing. It's time that could have been spent playing yer guitar. So if it's not a fairly important arguement, why bother?
    I'd like to see Nelskie return also, btw.
    And I bet I've lost Justa's attention by now...
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    And I bet I've lost Justa's attention by now...
    Huh...Wha...where? Oh.... yeah what he said... I still love the VOX Valvetronix amps..it blows most anything away in it's price range if not everything.. and the sounds produced by those here on the Fret from them wooohooo... and yet I have still passed on buying one for the last year and half... go figure.. mainly... due to the bad rap they get in quality control.. it scares me away.. everyone got a sound in their head and burning money in their pockets.. so they get what they get and enjoy it till its time to move on... reason my Cyber-Champ which I thought I loved has now been sold.. VOX next in line? hmmmm...maybe... I got some ideas.. from opinions and sound clips here.. but till then.. I got my sound.. I think..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.