Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Only thing I have to offer is - have you considered buying used? I have some really nice acoustics, and for me nothing is worth the asking prices for new these days. Just a thought.
Interestingly enough, I visited a store in the area that I previously didn't know existed. They're new guitars were mostly low-end stuff, but the used stuff was pretty impressive. I saw a Gibson double neck. I had never seen one of those up close and person before. They also had a Carvin Cobalt 780. I didn't even realize they made acoustics. Apparently this one was made in Korea by Cort for Carvin. It's a jumbo which is bigger than I'd like. What brought me in was an American Acoustasonic Telecaster. Normally they go for $2K, but this one is for $999. It had a ding in the front towards the bottom. Other than that it was in great condition. The previous owner strung it up with electric strings (9s, I think), which made it hard to judge the acoustic sounds. Very tempting though.

I asked what the story was with it, but apparently someone lives in the area who likes buying expensive stuff. He keeps it for a while until his wife realizes it, basically