OK, I'm a very naughty boy. I busted out my Carvin amph to play it for a bit because I haven't in a while. It has the same issues I've had with it before--sort of muddy midrange and high end that is either insufficient or shrill. In reading, I've found a lot of people point to the Celestion 12M-70 speaker that comes stock as the source of that "tone". More than a few referred to it as the worst Celestion ever. I really don't want to get rid of the amph itself because I think it can be a nice one. I won't get a 6L6 powered amph for anywhere near the price I paid for it.

So I just ordered the Warehouse G12C to replace it. I want to give it a chance. Even if it doesn't do what I want, it should be easy enough to resell. I did a bunch of online research and it seems to have the high-end chime and more scooped mids I'm looking for from a clean amph. I don't need it to be high gain. My Jet City handles that with aplomb. I know that the Carvin has its own thing which is somewhere between Fender and Marshall. I just want it to lean more toward Fender.

A full report once it's here and once I get it broken in a bit.

My wife may murder me to death if the Fishman ends up an addition to the amph collection instead of a replacement