'Sup fellas!

I still have a couple of my older amps around, the Classic 30, Cube, etc. The last amph I bought was the Boss Katana and I bought it specifically for recording into my DAW. Even though I am a huge fan of Scuffham Amps S-Gear, I am very old school in that i like physical instruments to dial in and feel the sound from. The Classic 30 is a beast for live gigs and sounds so good but for in the studio or small room recording it is just too loud and I have to run two cables and mics to get a good capture from it. The Katana has a USB out that captures the sound perfectly and I can even re-amp if I wish. Tons of sounds can be obtained by tweaking settings or exploring sound banks others have made.

Here's a youtube video where I am using the Katana to record to my DAW (Tracktion 7 at the time). It's a cover of Like a Hurricane by Neil Young and I am using my Gibson LP 50s Tribute. I just played with s few knobs until I liked the sound I was hearing from the amph. I always have it fired up hotter than you hear it because I like to dial it back on the volume knob. Reverb and some delay also tapped from the Katana.