Quote Originally Posted by scorona
Haven't heard that since high school... ;-)
Sooo, do you want to beat me up now, or can we wait until after school?

Yes, but I'd rather spend less time sitting in front of a computer (since I do that for a living). I'm getting a little "old school" on this...I'd rather have something with real dials and switches, etc. I'll use the computer for transfer or final mixdown.
Me too. I like the knobs n' dials.

I have an Alesis SR-16 drum machine, that I feed into my computer's sound card, but it would be nice to have a drum machine built into the recording device, like the Boss BR600.

How are the drum sounds in general? Do you get preset patterns to use or that you can load?
That depends on the looper. The RC-2 has some OK beats, no ability to ad fills etc. I use them just to keep time. The Boss Rc-20XL apparently has a CD that you load in (ask Spud, he'll tell ya 'bout them). I'm surre that your SR-16 has got all the loopers "beat" in that department.

I would have to invest in some effects pedals to use in front of the looper, right? (i.e. I wouldn't be able to use the effects on my Vox amp).

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, with a looper you'll need to get all your dirt from pedals. Light modulation will be OK, but remember every effect gets applied to the drum sounds too.