Everything on this clip is cheap... including my playing.
Stock '51 Squier, $80.99, ran into a Zoom 505II effects, $25 used, into my Valve Jr. head with JJ tubes, $135 head+tubes, through an Avatar cab loaded w/ Celestions, 1 Classic 30, 1 G12H, (I think I gave around $345 for it.)
Recorded w/ a cheap audio-technica uni-directional mic about 1 foot from the speaker cab. I did use a THD Hotplate to lower the volume ( -8db), w/o it the neighbors might complain. And w/o it, you could play a small club w/o mic'ing, unless your drummer was way loud.

http://www.box.net/public/vgsjxiux1i

Feel free to give your thoughts. The only reason for this clip is... I sometimes think less expensive gear is overlooked, or regarded as inferior.
For players on a budget, there is so much good gear out there (Squier, Agile, Reverend, Vox Valvetronix, Epiphone, etc.), reasonably priced, I thought maybe some of us could post a few clips of sounds we like w/ gear that won't break the bank.
I like my Tele and '65 Super, no doubt, I just thought some clips of "cheap" gear sounds would be fun. Maybe an Agile w/ a Cube, or an SX through a Crate...

PS...

We know what Robert can wring out of less than extravagant gear!
(that's why I ended up w/ the '51, and still GASing for a Valvetronix. )