I just played a Blues Jr. for the first time today. I figured with the talk I've heard about it around here, I may as well. So at Guitar Center, I grabbed a Strat and plugged into the Blues Jr. Let's put it this way: if I had $400 on me at that moment, I would have walked out with empty pockets. I LOVED it. Well, with the exception of one thing: the overdrive is a bit weak to me. But then, I didn't crank it and I would hope an OD pedal would really give it a thicker, fuller, edgier sound (that's kind of a question to anyone with a Blues Jr. Does it?)

Of course, there's the issue of the Blues Jr. kind of being a "one trick pony". I mean, you're definitely not going to get as much variety out of that amp as you would the Vox, but the Vox isn't going to get that kind of Blues tone, either.

I already have a Vox (AD50VT), though had I known about the Blues Jr. when I got my Vox, I think I may have probably gotten the Fender. But then I was looking for one specific tone, that clean blues tone, that the Blues Jr. does so well (and the Vox does good, but not nearly as good). I'd probablyend up with a Vox eventually, though, for versatility's sake.