Some friends of mine have a band, I catch alot of thier practices...I do alot of set up/intonation and guitar tech stuff for them, I also help them set up and break down. I bring my own gear over every now and again and pittle around before, during and after alot of times on thier gear.

Ive never really played with a band, although Ive played guitar off and on(more off than on) since I was bout 12(Im now 34)...Id told these guys that Id like to try jammin along more with them(or atleast the drummer) to work on my rhythm. I mostly play to relax and alot of my playing consists of intricate rhythms like "Every Breathe You Take" that I turn into an exercise...alot of times I wont even learn a whole song, I get bored right around the chrorus'.

The funny thing is no matter how well my dexterity is...as soon as someone joins me, weather its a guitar/bass, someone singing...I choke. Its like I trip over my fingers...I get lost...I dunno. But a drummer kinda helps me...but I still choke. And what I think is the real funny/sad thing...is that I can totally wow these guys with stuff like "The Rain Song"...or other (what Id consider)technical songs...but I choke.

The other night inbetween songs, kinda smoke break...one of the guitarist hands me his guitar...and I start banging out "Roxanne" and before long the drummer and bass player join in....I MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!! Yeah I fumbled a few times...but I still persisted!

Im still pretty stoaked about it...but Id like to gt better and be able to do more...I recon itll happen in due time, I should probably practice more along with some CDs or somethin, but thats never really been my thing...I guess I make it difficult for myself by trying to learn a song before playing along...I dunno. I just had to tell somebody...maybe yall could help me with some tips or recommendations. *shrug*