Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
VJ Combo Cab

Thread: VJ Combo Cab

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Suhweet, M29! Very cool to see this!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the kind words.

Here is what the grill cloth looks like. I chose this cloth for sentimental reasons. My dad is 92 now and he used this cloth on his stereo cabinets back in the sixties. I think it will look good with the dark green Marshall tolex or Naugahyde;-) The gill cloth will cover just the speaker area and the rest of the front will be dark green like the rest of the cab. I was thinking of putting a tan tolex in the amp area and maybe some gold piping around the inside of the front.

I am trying to decide how to put the Epiphone emblem on. What position do you guys like? I kind of wanted to go with just Epi instead of Epiphone, just a thought for something different.

Thanks again guys!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

I like #1.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello duhvoodooman,

Yeah I like that one too. It has a little style and it fills in the area nicely.

The gaps around the front boards are to give room for the grill cloth, tolex and piping thickness. It looks kind of nasty right now, they are just setting in there with no screws yet.

I had a chance to turn it up briefly this morning. It sounded a little thin and I do not care for this spiky sounding Fender/Hot Rod speaker in this setup either but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this so it will do for now. I am still experimenting with ports and what not to see if I can get a better bass response. My VJ sounds somewhat thin anyways and I am hoping the transformer will help that. I have a 12 inch Weber California coming for my Hot Rod and I will stick it in here first to hear what it sounds like. I don't plan to spend another hundred dollars for one in the VJ but I would like to hear what it sounds like.

Thanks again duhvoodooman for the kind words.

M29