Thanks again to forumite Highway_61 over at Harmony-Central for sussing me to this Music123 deal. These Daisy Rocks (sister company of Schecter) are made in Indonesia and usually street for $299 (I've seen small music stores sell them for $375, iirc the msrp is $428 or thereabouts). $120 shipped:

It's far from perfect but certainly playable and presumably giggable dead stock (I have a side-band practice Thursday night and will try her out then, plus maybe with my second side band at a Friday night show). There are a couple very tiny dust specs under the clear coat, a little space (I've seen worse) on the treble side of the neck pocket, and the paint missed a stripe inside the f-hole (see last pic). Eventually I'll pick up some pink nail polish and touch the f-hole up, but it's not noticeable unless one is really looking. If I'd paid full price I might be miffed, but for this deal no worries. The color in some of these makes it appear to have a slight violet cast, but it's actually a metallic Pepto Bismol pink. I may make a Pepto Bismol sticker for it!

I was gonna call her "Pinky," but my daughter, who hates the whole "pink for girls" bit nixed that and suggested "Rose" instead. So Rose she is.

Stock pickups sound fine. I do hafta concentrate on fretting the high E string given the slightly narrow neck so as to not pull the string south off the fretboard, but after a few minutes of getting used to it becomes automatic, kinda like playing a Ric. Tuners are Grovers and fine. The pots and switch feel surprisingly solid, I love the all-metal switch tip on the pickup selector (reminds me of the all-metal one on my 1960 Duo-Sonic).

Gotta go take the van in for service but will pop back in later. Questions if any answered then!

PS: It's my 20th Wedding Anniversary today!