This is one fine little amp.

I would say this has to be one of the all time best bedroom amps ever made, tube styles included.

It has a very excellent clean sound that shimmers and can be modified with reverb and tremolo.

It has a distortion sound developed by turning a gain knob, with a boost button that moves the distortion into new territory quite well.

It is totally loud enough for a variety of environments including bedrooms, small areas, etc. It turns down really well for low volume quality tones and distortions.

It has that special Vox appearance that so many love. More importantly, it backs its attractive looks up with outstanding sonic performance. I have never played a fifteen watt amp that sounded this good, except for possibly a Fender Blues Junior. That Blues Junior is another very special and super great little amp. No question about it. But the Pathfinder is also very excellent, with a nice reverb and a great tremolo. You can combine its well integrated elements to produce some highly quality sounds and all sorts of volumes, up to its maximum potential. Of course you could go even farther with the filtered line out, or by miking it. You could even plug into a cabinet or build your own cabinet.

This is a really nice little amp. Stand it next to one of those Vox fifteen watt chromies and see what it looks like. Play it and you might find you like its sound better too. I only played the bigger chromes and found them to be complicated and difficult to get a great sound out of, plus they are notoriously unreliable. The Pathfinder starts out with a great sound and waits to be adjusted into incredible intensities.

This unit rocks like a freight train and rolls into a blues explosion, effortlessly.

I would highly suggest trying this before a fifteen watt chromie. The Pathfinder fifteen R is hard to find in stores though. No wonder, it sounds so great. But it can be easily be found on all the internet music sites.

Duff
Winfield, Pa

"Blue, blue windows behind the stars. Yellow moon on the rise. Big birds flying across the sky, throwing shadows on our eyes; leave us helpless, helpless, helpless." NY