Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wah Wah Fun - Join In!

Post Thanks / Like

That was really cool helliot. Great sounds.ude:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I've tried a bunch of wahs, but keep coming back to my cry baby. Basic just works for me.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

I had to give it a go too. I used the JH1 wah and a Strat on this.
    http://www.box.net/shared/1zkonghte4

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job Spud! Really creamy sound.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Great tones, and some red hot playin in there, too. What are the details on that wah?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    Wow. Great tones, and some red hot playin in there, too. What are the details on that wah?
    It's really just a Crybaby with more sweep and range and pronounced lows. Supposedly to Jimi's H's specs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    but it's fun to see what the Baby can do as a tone pedal as well as the traditional use.
    http://www.box.net/shared/3sxlgckoan
    Thanks for sharing those Helliot & Spuds... great sound... enjoyed it..

and as a tone pedal.. This newbie didn't even think about that before I got it.. was sure fun to find more ways to use it... just turn it on.. press it halfway down and go..sweet...

Thats was actually a question I had under pedals.. about those that are auto-active when stepped on.. can you still use them as tone machines with some sort of feature that leaves them on? or do they shut down once you take your foot off.. still wondering...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Thanks for sharing those Helliot & Spuds... great sound... enjoyed it..

and as a tone pedal.. This newbie didn't even think about that before I got it.. was sure fun to find more ways to use it... just turn it on.. press it halfway down and go..sweet...

Thats was actually a question I had under pedals.. about those that are auto-active when stepped on.. can you still use them as tone machines with some sort of feature that leaves them on? or do they shut down once you take your foot off.. still wondering...
    Most welcome.

Michael Schenker is the king of the partial wah as a tone device technique. Find his videos on youtube.com.

Pedals like the Morleys that activate without a regular switch require that you leave your foot on them all the time. That's why I got rid of my Bad Horsie wah.
    A few manufacturers make boxes that let you pre dial the spot in the range and then just hit the pedal like a usual stomp box. No movable pedal is present. It's all preset.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12