Thread: "With this amph I get no screaming solos"

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I appreciate the fact that it "has high imput and low imput." Multiple imputs are very important you know!

BTW, can someone give a better description of scrathy sounds? Is that similar to the racket two cats make out in the alley?

Being that this review was authored back in 1999, Dustin must now be 25. I wonder if a) Dustin became a damn good guitar player, b) Dustin ever found someone to steel his amph, and finally, c) if Dustin ever learned English?
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    BTW, can someone give a better description of scrathy sounds?
    did you listen to my links for the marshall mini?....i am the king of scrathy!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    did you listen to my links for the marshall mini?....i am the king of scrathy!!

ww
    Now don't you go tryin' to lay none of that Boojie Woojie music on me Warren.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Reliability: 8
    Besides dirt getting in the pull gain, 999999 times out of a 1000000 it will turn on.

To hell with gigging, or cabinet materials, hardware, or electronics. Brother, if there's anything that screams amp reliability to me, its a pull-gain knob turning on 999,999 times out of 1,000,0000 - even when subjected to dirt!!! I do, however, have to wonder if that statistic came from actual "field-testing". Also - when you're becoming one of the greatest guitarists of all time, doesn't this seem unnecessary? I mean, you could get in a lot of practice in the time it takes to pull a knob in and out 1,000,000 times.

LSD? Yeah, that'd be my guess, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    I mean, you could get in a lot of practice in the time it takes to pull a knob in and out 1,000,000 times.

LSD? Yeah, that'd be my guess, too.
    Yes, LSD, taken with a heavy side of 'shrooms!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!