Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

Thread: Pulled the trigger!! 18-watter!!

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value.

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Good score. Those Sligo amps look like an outstanding value.

I plan to go for an 18-watter in early 2008--but it'll be a kit, 'cuz I want to try building it myself.
    I had considered building one, but I'm not real good with the soldering iron. I can rewire a guitar, but an amp...I don't think I could without frying myself and all the circuits in the house
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks sweet - congrats. I'd never heard of these amps before - I wonder if there's an Irish connection (Sligo is a county on the west coast).
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congaratulations!
    18 watters are so good sounding.....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Congrats, you will have fun with dat one!

How long before you get it?
    It will take about 3 weeks...he has everything there, he just has two orders ahead of mine. It doesn't seem like he deals with a real high volume which is a plus, and the price was the best I could find.

The reviews I've read about these amps are pretty good. I actually have him building a 2 x 12 version of the mini bluesbreaker, which should be pretty cool.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.