I'm thinking about getting a factory refurbished one of these at a great price.

It is supposed to be a totally analog modelling amp that produces some very tubelike tones and sounds. It has a ten inch speaker and xlr DI output that can be useful in recording onto your computer. I'm not sure how a DI output would make it easier to record onto your computer but I imagine you can buy a small interface mixer that has an xlr input and has a processor/mixer and then plugs up to your computer with a usb cable.

Would you need software to do a good recording or does windows xp have a suitable program built in?

That's getting a little ahead.

The gm110: has anyone had any experience with it that they can share with me? I would strictly use it as a practice amp in my den and its thirty watts should be enough to provide an atmosphere of fine sounding rock and blues sounds if the amp is as good at doing what it does as the reviews say it is; and I'm playing at my best and in the groove.

I don't know if it really matters, but I have heard that the smaller amps produce better sounds in a small room for late night practicing at moderately low volumes. I live in the country and can groove out fairly unimpeded late at night.

Anyone use it to any extent?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,

Duffy
Winfield, Pa
mjbolduc@dejazzd.com