Hi everyone. Great forum.

Hey Jason...I too have one of these MIM Strats. Same thing happened for me, in terms of the picture showing a rosewood fingerboard, and receiving a maple fingerboard. I bet MF didn't get too many complaints about that snag.

Did you know there were only 250 of these made? Also, did yours come with a small brown pamphlet telling you it has the old 1950's "lacquer" paint job, instead of the modern-day polyurethane finish? Be advised these old-style finishes are quite vulnerable compared to the hard ones of today. Be careful not to use a silicone-based polish etc.

As your guitar ages the finish will begin to "dissolve" the way Gilmore's, Hendrix's, Jaco's instruments of the past did. Also I have a question for you. My primary instrument (I'm a pro and play for a living) is the new Fender American Standard, which is amazing in every way, not to mention the lightest Strat I've ever played. Question: Does your 60th Anniversary Deluxe Limited Edition MIM have extremely noisy pickup's? Mine are very powerful, but so noisy, I couldn't even record with it. I guess I'll swap them out for some high-end pup's soon. Wondering if yours had the same problem. I took it to a well-known luthier/set-up man in North Hollywood and he shielded the heck out of it...and still the noise. He said it was just a "super-hot" configuration, not a grounding problem.

The only thing I don't like about this guitar is the input jack being on the side of the guitar instead of the usual Strat input on the surface. Small thing, but I hate having the input jack jabbing me in the leg when seated.

If you ever get a chance, go to a store and try an American Standard. These are no more than two/three piece bodies, whereas the MIM's are usually five/seven piece...waaaaay heavier, but still a good and very interesting Strat. Anyway...congrats on your instrument and be well.