Tim, my friend Paul has the Cedar S6 like yourself, but mine was a Spruce top. As I mentioned previously, if it had been a smaller bodied instrument, I would still own it today. I really GAS for an S Series Grand, but I can't justify owning a second acoustic at present, at least not a six-string.

As for the electronics, neither of our guitars came with pickups. On my Spruce S6, I had installed a Martin Thinline 332, same as I have in my Epi. I just installed a Fishman Matrix in Paul's Cedar S6. Both of our Seagull's were bought from, and originally set up by the Guitar Works in Evanston. Terry's people do great work.

http://www.guitarworksltd.com/

I know Paul paid somewhere in the three hundred dollar range for his S6, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I paid for mine back in 1991 or so. Both came set up, so neither had any buzzing issues. I remember waiting a couple of days to pick mine up, and how great the action was once I got it.

I sure do wish that Godin produced acoustic bass guitars in the Seagull line. Unfortunately, the only way to get a bass from them is a solid-bodied instrument in the Godin line. If there was a Jumbo size acoustic bass in the Seagull line, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!