Quote Originally Posted by ted s
Holy crap Wings, glad you know what to do with all those dials..:
Yeah...that's really why I prefer the type of setup I have...I dig twiddling with 'real' knobs' and meters and things. The 'virtual' kind on a computer screen just leave me cold.

helliott makes a really good point. One of the pratfalls of recording yourself (or anyone else, for that matter) is getting overly wrapped up with setting things so precisely, or figuring out how to make something like an effect happen, that by the time you've figured out how to do it, you've lost the 'heat' of the inspiration and have to re-fire your jets, or you get so frustrated at not getting it figured out, you just lose it completely.

Good luck with the BR, Steve. A little tip is have the machine at the ready and go through the manual with it available. And just 'go for it'. There are (or used to be, anyway) User Groups for specific BR machines in the Yahoo Groups thing. Been a while, don't know if there's one for the 600, but you might find some support there, too. Most technique is pretty 'common' and there's a common set of jargon.