Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
Warren, so have you seen any gators in the "wild" ? I think they are rather scary, but I have only seen them on the "Crocodile Hunter" TV show
there is a restaurant/fish camp/biker bar on the lake i was talking about. You can usually see wild gators from there.

ANOTHER TIME...I was doing a photoshoot one early morning on a piece of property on a lake that was to be developed. They wanted some nice sunrise shots of the lake and shoreline. While i was set up waiting for the perfect light i noticed a gator about 30 yards out in the water. As i waited for the light he kept getting closer and closer (keep in mind i am out in the middle of nowhere by myself!) He got about 10 yards from the shore and then started swimming to my left and then disappeared. I was getting a little nervous because i thought the gator was coming up on land to check me out. By this time i had all the shots i needed (including a couple of the gator) and decided to get out of there. I was about 200 yards from my car and the whole treck back i had my tripod at the ready to smack him if he game at me. Believe it or not over short distances gators are VERY fast so trying to run away wouldn't work.

That's the only time i've seen a gator and gotten spooked.

I'll look for the picture of him....it actually was a nice shot!

ww