So, Centerpoint (minus a drummer) played out tonight for the first time... Here's a few impressions:

1) It was fun! We made a few mistakes, including a trainwreck on the last song, but we all enjoyed ourselves.

2) The crowd (mostly other musicians, about 20-25 people) dug our rock stuff more than the country tunes. Our other guitar player started playing "Enter Sandman" in between tunes as a joke, and the few people that were there went nuts. THAT was interesting.

3) I forgot how hard it was to play in the dark, where you couldn't see or hear everybody. Gotta work on that.

4) Thank God for the Digitech. I was plugged into a house amph, a Peavey acoustic amph. Without the Digitech there would have been no screamin' solos from that amph.

5) The adrenaline rush was still there. We snagged a drummer from another band, and played "If it Makes You Happy." We ended up rearranging the song on the fly, and did a really good job playing. Got good applause at the end with a few hoots and hollers. For a brief moment, we were all on top of the world.

It was my first time playing more than one song in public in a very long time. I can't wait to do it again!