Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
SVL... I can fully understand that. I have my busy times, and I have my slow times... I really wish the workload was better balanced.
Basically, if I am home due to the kids, they like to be around. My youngest is only 4 so it is hard to tell her to beat it. So I can do work from home, and do some every week for a coupla hours if it makes more sense due to court schedules and driving, but I don't look for my most focused and productive drafting time then. Returning calls, emails, doing books, etc. is better done then. My mac syncs up my calendar, contacts, email, etc. over the net, so it makes that easy. I could remote access the office, but I have never found a real need. If I need something, I either email it to myself from work, or ask my paralegal to do it, plus I have recent office machine backups here to work from.

Hope your slow season speeds up. When self employed, it ebbs and flows, and it is best to look at the big picture. At least for me. I also relate to what Matt (marnold) was mentioning. I have considered building a home office for my full time office, but one reason I have not is that I would never be away from the office, and the office would never be away from me and my family. I care for my clients, but I don't want them at my house all the time.