Dreadman graciously offered his knowledge on setting up acoustics and curing common ills. See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
It now has some serious fret buzzing issues and a hump in the neck where it joins the body and needs some work. If I fret high E at 10 at get a note at 12 or 13 right now." end SV quote

Dreadman then said:
Very common problem. If you want more info about it and the steps for a low effort, low cost do-it-yourself repair start a new thread and I'll post what I know. END QUOTE"

My acoustic has fret buzzing issues in open position, and due to what I am told is a hump in the neck where it joins the body, frets improperly. Example, fret high E string at 10 and get a note somewhere at 12 or 13. Seems to affect the higher pitched strings mostly. The Martin rep, when he was at the local store last year giving a seminar and giving out free re-stringings, said my nut may be a bit low and might ultimately need some shimming or something. He had it set up so it played better than before, monkeying around with my adjustable truss rod, but my guitar weeks later fell, and that good set up went away. I like the guitar, but it is not worth much I don't think, and don't want to spend much on a set up or repair. Here is a clip that demonstrates the fret buzzing problem. (ok, no jokes about the playing being the problem. I am working on that. )

http://www.box.net/shared/9h25rks0s4

Thanks Dreadman, and any of you other knowledgeable acoustic folk, for any help you can offer.