Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hagstrom Ultra Swede

Thread: Hagstrom Ultra Swede

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hagstrom Ultra Swede

This is one cool guitar. My local guy has a very limited edition with a gorgeous spalted maple top. Very unique. It's also quite thin/light with a contoured belly cut - super comfy, almost Stratish - it would be great for live playing. What this picture doesn't show is a very nice pearloid binding on the neck and body that accents the spalted maple beautifully.

But how does it sound, you ask?

FREAKIN' AWESOME.

Tested it through a Marshall half stack. Very smooth and creamy distortion, lots of balls in the p'ups. Great clean tones as well. Bonus coil split, while not quite Strat and definately not Tele, close enough for Rock and Roll. Seperate volume and tone controls would send this tone monster over the top, but who's complaining?

I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to cool off If it's still there, I may just scoop it up. I even have a tentative nod-of-approval from Mrs. T. She dropped by the store on her own to have a look after I described it to her. This usually means she recognizes my GAS and is doing her own homework. You can't trust someone with GAS to give you an accurate and unbiased description of the item they are GASing for after all

Like THIS ONE

I'll keep you posted.

Trev
    Last edited by t_ross33; March 9th, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added Link to Similar Guitar on eBay
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5