I post clips of my lead playing on thefret from time to time. Usually they are public backing tracks that I just put a lead track or more on. Simple. Nothing too elaborate.

Today while checking out another forum I found a post of what was claimed to be clips of a 62 Strat. Naturally since I'm a gear nut I wanted to hear this because I might like to get some 60's pickups if it sounds good. So I click the link to listen.

It happened to be one of those backing tracks that we have around here for anyone to play on and I was thinking that this will be a good demo since I'm familiar with the track. Boy was I familiar with the track. It was the very same track that I had recorded WITH MY LEAD ON IT! This person was passing it off as their own.

After a confrontation the original poster took the track away along with any links so further comparison could not be made. I have invited the OP to put the track back up so that everyone could be the judge. We'll see if that happens.

I just thought the whole thing was strange...especially since it was recorded with a Squire HH. I guess now I'll never know what those 60s pickups sound like.