Since there were enough comments about the looks of the Tele, I thought the topic deserved it's own thread. The title BUG stirred a little opinion, so I figure let's discuss our view.

Initially I didn't like the Tele, saw no attraction to it, not the looks or the sound. When started to find an interest in it, I still didn't think it was a pleasant looking guitar, but the more I read the threads and the more I saw pictures of it, my interest grew. CB went and bought hers and Wingsdad got that lovely G&L - the combination of the two took me over the top.

They have a beauty in it's simplicity and I think because of the simplicity they tend not to be eye catching unless you start to learn the history of guitars and where the Tele fits in.

If there is a study or was to be a study, I think you would find that the Tele style is ranks low as far as the style of someones first guitar. Chances are, althiugh there are a lot of Tele owners, the purchase was most likely at least the second guitar they purchased.

So, tell us what you think about Tele's (from any manufacturer) and if you have one, post a pic with your comments.

Not the best pic, but