I had neglected to try out P90's because I thought they were a short lived transition between single coils and humbuckers, historically.

These modern P90's are great sounding. I have them in a Squire tele custom II, I think it is, black with black P90's; and on a cheap but great SX GG1 Les Paul Jr, antique sunburst guitar w set neck, all mahogany even the neck and it's sweet, with some serious bite and rumble. The SX, unlike the Squire, is not noise cancelling in the middle switch position. But it is great nonetheless.

The P90's are another animal for sure. I'd buy another one with no problem. I am understanding them more all the time. And Squire is putting out some great guitars in my amateur opinion.

I'd love to have a wildcat. I have an Ibanez AS73 semihollow body I just got recently with two Ibanez humbuckers and a stop tail in trans cherry finish. This is a sweet guitar and it didn't cost a fortune. I got it during one of those GC tag sales. Probably paid 299 and I think it is one of my best guitars overall, feel, sound, playability, everything, even look. I think it looks super great. Doesn't sound like a strat, that's for sure.

P90's, in my opinion, are great sounding. I'd even try some of these newer versions of them like the Dream
180's and the SD models.

Duff