I have an SX SST7 that I like quite a bit, except for a couple of high frets only along the high E string in three places. I get a buzz/clank when I play at the 3rd and 7th frets, and to a lesser extent the 5th fret. I take this to mean the 4th, 6th, and 8th fret ends are a bit high. Though they appear to be all the way in, I've tried tapping down on them with a plastic hammer to no effect. I've also tinkered with the action quite a bit and can't make it go away. I think this is going to require some sanding. I ordered one of THESE BLOCKS, particularly the 14" radius as it seemed to be closest to the SX 13.7 radius. They describe it as for spot leveling, but the more I look into this, the more I get cold feet about the operation. I don't think I want to get involved with leveling the whole thing and crowning the frets as I've never done that before, and I have a hard time with paying to have it done professionally on a $100 guitar.

My problem is really isolated to the high E string in a few spots, and I think I may be opening a can of worms by sanding across the entire width of several frets rather than just the individual problem spots. Any thoughts on how to handle this?

P.S. I have a new nut on the way as well.