Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Thread: Squier Classic Vibe 50s

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on everything T2TB said. It's a brilliant guitar. As I've said elsewhere, I was all set to get a Fender 50s Classic when the CV Tele came out. I can't tell that I've made any compromises at all in going with the Squier instead.

The one problem I had with mine was a loose jack, but then the usual Tele the cup-plus-retaining-clip arrangement has always seemed like a bad design to me. I stuck in an electrosocket: problem solved.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    +1 on everything T2TB said. It's a brilliant guitar. As I've said elsewhere, I was all set to get a Fender 50s Classic when the CV Tele came out. I can't tell that I've made any compromises at all in going with the Squier instead.

The one problem I had with mine was a loose jack, but then the usual Tele the cup-plus-retaining-clip arrangement has always seemed like a bad design to me. I stuck in an electrosocket: problem solved.

+ 2

This guitar is wonderful. The Jack cup sucks and the pick guard is cheap looking....thats it, the rest is A++++.

Chris

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GG don't be dismayed

That blonde Squire Tele Custom II with the P90s has incredible tone and is an incredible guitar. These are just different.

I'd like to see some pictures of the strats. A lot of people are getting them. It'll be interesting to hear what they sound like compared to the Deluxe and the Cherry Sunburst standard with the staggered pickups.

Looking forward to some strat pics.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh yeah.

Guitar Gal,

I'm sure I've seen that avatar somewhere before. It was animated. Can't remember where I saw it. Where did you find that?

It is really cool looking, I might add. But I'm positive I've seen it somewhere before. On some valvetronix "chromie" site I think, back when I wanted a AD60VTX.

Now I'm looking forward to the Black Diamond VOX that is supposed to address some of the inherent design concerns expressed by some experts regarding the AD....VTX's and AD....VT's.

Someone had an avatar just like that but it was animated. Do you remember?

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Guitar Gal,

I'm sure I've seen that avatar somewhere before. It was animated. Can't remember where I saw it. Where did you find that?

It is really cool looking, I might add. But I'm positive I've seen it somewhere before. On some valvetronix "chromie" site I think, back when I wanted a AD60VTX.

Now I'm looking forward to the Black Diamond VOX that is supposed to address some of the inherent design concerns expressed by some experts regarding the AD....VTX's and AD....VT's.

Someone had an avatar just like that but it was animated. Do you remember?

Duffy

Sorry Duff.....can't remember where I got the avatar, but it did come off another guitar discussion board and yes, it was animated so it looks like the cat is actually playing the guitar and tapping his paw to keep the beat :

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember where I picked it up, but here it is. If you want it, just save it. After viewing it again, I see that it is tagged with http://funnytreat.com and sure enough it is on that site in the Funny Pictures section : But, I've never visited that site, so I must have gotten it from a guitar site.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal