Hey guys, been reading here the past few days and finally decided I would register.

I have a quick question, and then I will go make a post about what I play etc - but this one has to do with my Les Paul.

Bottom line is - I hate the pickups that are in it. I honestly do not know which ones they are because I bought the guitar used at guitar center about 8 years ago. It is a 1989 Les Paul Standard.. at any rate - I play mostly heavier music with some cleans throughout. My Les Paul is my drop tune guitar. So here is what I have come up with:

I want to put a Dimarzio Evolution in the neck and a D Sonic in the bridge. I believe this will help with the response a bit more through the amp. The guitar just sounds muddy in all ways really. I am going for heavy crunchy rhythm from the bridge and clean fluid leads from the neck. I am really firm on the D Sonic in the bridge, but the Evolution is one that I have not had any experience with. Anyone here used this before?

Also, I have never installed pickups before, but I know how to use a soldering iron, so it shouldn't be that hard right? I am sure there are diagrams to be found online..

Anyway, looking forward to responses Thanks!