Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread

Thread: The weekend Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AMAZING how the snow's melting, at a pace of like 4 feet a week or so. Now it's up to +10 C already and sun is shining.

I shot one of my handlebar cam shots today; it's my way from work to home (well to within 500 yards of it till the vid stops=
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice to see you riding up the hills that others were pushing their bikes on. Yes!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Still looks like a lot of snow to this Florida boy!

Friday: Six p.m. "dress rehearsal" in church Fellowship Hall (to be able to use acoustic drums) with actual stage rigs for "Praise In the Field Ecumenical Concert" we were scheduled to open on Saturday. I tied my all-time record, went through 3 guitars in a single-set practice. First, broke a string on the Les Paul, then managed to pull out a strap pin on the Jet Star (which I managed to catch before she hit the floor), ended up on the WildKat.

Came home to a PO'd Mrs. Krashpad, as I mis-estimated the rehearsal's total time by about an hour. Sigh. At least we sounded good in practice.

Saturday: woke up and checked e-mail and such, ate a bit, replaced string on Les Paul and repaired Jet Star strap pin. Got to load-in downtown at about 10:30 a.m. for the noon show. Went on on schedule; except for windy conditions onstage (which blew over our music stands until we duct-taped them down, but at least kept us comfortable) we had a great set. I was a little nervous about doing backing vocals in a non-bar-band context, but Mrs. K said the mix was good so I wasn't too loud. Also, my two "big solos" were on some originals we do on songs written by a family friend of our lead singer, and the composer came all the way from Alabama to visit them for the week and see us play, so I didn't want to do a lousy job with her watching, but luckily both came off pretty much without a hitch. Some pics:

L-R: BK (elec. gtr., backing vox), Garrett (acoustic gtr., lead vox), Jarah (backing vox), Travis (in back, drums), Logan (seated in front, ukelele), Julie (bass), Martin (keys)

After our set me and Mrs. K. and a friend from church and his high-school age daughter went to lunch at a nice downtown place; when we got back the band after us that I lent my music stand with had left, apparently taking it with them. Will track that down this week. Mrs. K went home but I stayed to hear several more of the bands, got back to Casa Krashpad about 5:30. Mrs. K went to dinner/movie at a friends with several of her teaching buddies, I stayed home and leaned on the middle-schooler to do his homework, and unstopped the upstairs bathroom sink (finally!).

Sunday: played hooky from church and did laundry washing/folding all day, with some more homework oversight/whip cracking of the middle schooler.