Friday: brought home pizza for la familia and beer for me. Hung out with Los Krashpaditos while Mrs. K was at a happy hour with her work friends.

Saturday: In the early afternoon we worked on my son's science experiment (rock candy, yum!). Then he and I and La Krashpadita drove into town for parking detail at our church, picking up one of El Krashpadito's friends on the way. Our church is about 5 blocks from Florida Field (a/k/a The Swamp), so every home game, they sell parking spaces and make a batch of money for the youth group and college ministry (we have 2 interconnected lots, one at the church and one at the vicarage). Most of the spaces at the church are reserved, so the work involves mainly setting out traffic cones on each space with the persons' names on them, then collecting them when the lot is full.

As the game begins we order pizza, and then take the cones back down. While we were there, the youth group's adult leader asked if La Krashpadita wanted to be the youth representative to the church's Youth Group Advisory Panel, all the rest of which are adults (she later decided she would do that). I'm very proud of her-- but the church had better be ready for some opinions.

After pizza and traffic-cone removal, we went home and watched the Gators dismantle the 3rd-ranked LSU Tigers and win by 30 points. GO GATORS!

Sunday: went to church, El Krashpadito was serving his first Sunday as an acolyte, so that now all our family has served in such capacity when the time came:

I couldn't be more prouderer.

During the service, I noted that one of the songs specifically called for both a bass solo and for electric guitars to come in halfway through, but none were there. I've offered to play either bass or guitar and they're too pansy to go for it (I know it's not me not being up to it, because I played at this church's sister church for a decade, plus they have another guitarist who could play if not me). Mrs. K foolishly let La Krashpadita (age 15) drive us through town traffic all the way home, and only due to the grace of Divine Providence did we survive unscathed.

In the afternoon I watched some NFL football and then the evening was spent helping El Krashpadito study for a history test. Mrs. K wasn't convinced he was studied-up enough though, so this morning I quizzed him some more and drove him to school so we could study (using flash cards) more on the way.

I now know all 6 major ancient Mesopotamian civilizations in historical order and all their starting dates. Plus a bunch more crap.

How about y'all?