Thread: The weekend Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... 14+ hours of music over two days at the Lowell Folk Festival... Some rain. We did not even get to see all the bands!
    (Lowell is a former textile mill town, which has rebounded in a big way in the past twenty years)

Got my fill of Cajun-pop with FeuFollet (I have to admit I saw them three times!), danced to an super-drive band from Zimbabwe, enjoyed the fun Brazilian quartet, then more dance music with a band from Santo Domingo, some bluegrass, Hawaian and Navajo traditional dances.

We consider this (free) festival to be a local treasure and do contribute.

One of the things I enjoy seeing there is folks with disabilities being able to participate, blend in the crowd, almost unnoticed, and enjoy the music. Much easier than at a more traditional venue.

Huge attendance, superb organization, as usual. A lot of work from the city and park rangers (part of city is national/historical park) goes into making the city streets ready for normal activities by Monday morning!

One of these days, now that my sweetie is going off work soon, a trip to Louisiana in order...! I even looked at real estate listings last night... We already had a Zydeco thing going at home, now it's Cajun...
    Last edited by poodlesrule; July 30th, 2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: pelling, er spelling