Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
Hey! Thought I would post something of a progress report, seeing as I am “rebuilding” my pedal board. I still have this as one of my very top dirt boxes. Though over the years, I had gotten kinda stuck in my settings.

I had added a Catalinbread Formula No. 5, and then a more versatile Formula No. 55 (with more tonal range) which is one of their foundation pedals, and is designed to recreate the 5E3 Preamp circuit of old tweed amps. I have come to love that pedal, and now am finding ways to use those pedals in combination with this pedal, kinda setting up the Catalinbread to be the base tone, and then stacking the Rodent closer to the guitar than the amp to feed the C-bread. Works great that way! And still on its own.

One of my favorite pedals ever!
Hey SVL........long time no talk buddy. Nice to see you around.

I have the Catalinbread Form No 5 pedal and I use it with my Rabid Rodent too. The Catalinbread starts to get you into that jangly Ry Cooder-ish sound and their SFT foundation pedal gets you into Stones territory. That said, bearfootfx.com makes some superb foundation pedals.....they really nail the flavor of the old Tweed, Gibson, Silverface/Silvertone amps.

The RR is a pedal that was ahead of it's time with it's 6 different OD/Distortion settings. There are some high-end pedal makers, like Walrus Audio, that are now making a pedal with similar voiceings.