As an update regarding this very useful pedal, I wanted to state what I have been doing with my Rabid Rodent pedal from DVM lately.

Although I love the distortion settings, and have a lot of fun with them as described above, I have been using this very versatile pedal on the overdrive side of the mutate dial much more. My first pedal was my Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive, and it is still a favorite. But lately, the Rodent has taken over a lot of my overdrive use.

Specifically, I have long loved the more transparent, but "hot with some bite" overdrive, and the sustain it gives. It is no secret I love John Mayer's live tone. His Two Rock amphs help him produce that with his strats, and my C-30, nice as it is, is not a Two Rock. The Bad Monkey, which is a tubescreamer type overdrive with plenty of mid, is a bit too middy to give that articulate clean bite that Mayer gets.

Enter the Rodent! I have been using the second overdrive setting a lot, which is the red LED setting, 5th on the dial overall. It has some more warmth than the other two, which is pleasing to my ear as I play by myself at home. Last night, I started using positions 4 and 6 also. Wow, that bite I hear in Mayer's live stuff is very present and obtainable. I had been thinking about a King of Tone type circuit for this, but it may be that the Rodent can do it well enough to forgo that plan.

Very cool all the things this pedal can do!