Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
Hello Deafelectromark (alias manoteal) and welcome to the fret net.
You seem to like to write a lot, so why dont you write something about yourself in the fret players section?
Hi Super,
Yes I am new to the Fret. I have been a member of other sites, most notably 18 watt and now SEwatt. I have been selling on eBay for about 5 years now and I am a deaf musician. You can read my bio on eBay (deafelectromark) and if you tell me where to post a howdy here, I will do so.
I was drawn to this site when a friend in Mexico was having similar concerns with the poor quality sound from the Crate V5- an amp that I bought with the hopes of improving, since many people were also dissatisfied.
I have been doing electronics for over 40 years, got a Electronics technician certificate at trade school, taught eleactronics at that same school for a time, worked in high-end (read $$$$$) audio during the heyday of CD's coming on the scene and home theaters going into the rich folk's homes. They would look at my hearing aids and appear puzzled. Some would just come out and say, "How can you do your job if you can't hear?" I told them that as long as their ears were happy, then I would take their money. If not, tell me what isn't right and I will make it so. After all, it is THEIR ears that are important, right?
Started playing stringed instruments in 1967- first autoharp, then banjo, then piano and guitar and was in the school band playing drums from 4th grade through high school graduation (Concert Band, Marching Band, Orchestra (tympani), etc. Made the guitar my main thing when I was grounded for a Summer my Sophomore year in High School- nothing better to do.
Lost my hearing gradually. didn't wear hearing aids until I was 18. They stopped being useful when I turned 40. Went to college, got a couple of degrees in Deaf education, and now am a registered Drug and Addictions Intern. Worked with only deaf people for a while, got bored of that (try to explain music to a deaf person- you might as well talk about colors to a blind one).
Implanted with cochlear device in 2002- now I have my brain wired so I can plug stuff right into it. Yes, even a guitar. I can hear a fly's fart in a quiet room. I just got the latest model, and it is WAY too sensitive. I don't want to hear ALL that. Volume does not go to zero as programmed. I am getting that fixed in a week or so. Can't complain, when I want quiet I just turn it off.
So Hi Ya'll! Lets let the fun begin! Don't be shy now, jump on in!

Super,
You can cut and paste this intro into the proper section, or guide me to it and I will do it.