Thread: Crate V5 mods... anyone?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

If you do the mod at post #160 the stock volume pot will be a volume pot again and the tone pot will be a tone pot again with C6 installed. So you won’t have the volume pot acting as a gain control while you have the tone pot acting as a volume control as you do now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim p View Post
    If you do the mod at post #160 the stock volume pot will be a volume pot again and the tone pot will be a tone pot again with C6 installed. So you won’t have the volume pot acting as a gain control while you have the tone pot acting as a volume control as you do now.
    Very nice! I was seriously considering trying to install a gain pot now in addition to the volume and tone. Im looking over the old posts and studying the layout of the amp and sounds/looks fairly simple to put one in. This is an awesome learning platform! I will keep reporting my progress in case others are still interested in the mod I have some new soldering tips coming and I think I will wait on those. The shovel head of a tip that came with mine is hard to get into those small spaces.

Post Thanks / Like

Figures! I have no output but do have a very slight hum that is barely audible. I looked over all my joints and all looks OK. Could it have anything to do with my previous volume/tone control mod?