I bought this Highway One Tele bout a month ago, it came with a Roadrunner Tweed case. I picked it up on Craigslist for $500...you may have seen it then.

I tried to adjust the neck pickup, but with the 22 fret board overhanging the pickguard...you gotta remove the neck and then the pickguard to adjust it:

I made my adjustment, buttoned it all back up and found my pup was a lil crooked...Im somewhat of a perfectionist, so it drove me nuts!!! Thats when I do decided to get an American Standard pickguard!
(you may be able to see what Im talkin bout) *shrug*

If it was vintage(spec) Id give a crap...but its not so I get some freedom to do whats convenient vs what looks right for the era.

The saddles were chromed steel, nothing fancy

So I ordered all my parts, Am Std pickguard(parchment), Callaham compensated saddles, Kluson tuners(and bushings), and then adjustment screws for the pickup conversion. BTW those pickup screws held me back...it took me awhile to find those, and I didnt wanna attempt any mods without having all my parts on hand.

The tuners were the hardest part, required some minor drilling, but I think I did quite well...theyre nice and lined up straight.

Before buttoning it all back up I waxed the body with my buffer...I think it all turned out nicely!

I tuned her up, roughed the string height and then radiused the strings(Im a tad low)...but she sounds great with the new saddles! Id played this guitar for the last two weeks as my main just so I could compare...and they are really nice, notes ring out, and sustain better/longer...its really noticeable unplugged.

Just thought Id share.