Since acquiring a new amph and being pleased with it's inate ability for screaming solos *tips hat to Super Swede* I am pondering a thought here. I would like for each of you to discuss your reasons for using a pedal for overdrive....or for sonic differences in sound (ie. treble boost, volume boost, tone boost). I'm talking some type of overdrive or gain device specifically. I would like to know what you use and the reasons for it. What are you trying to achieve etc.

I'll start. I have a Bad Monkey, a Blues Driver and an MXR Micro Amp. I have used all of them but very sparingly, if at all, as I have been able to get my amps to react the way I like with the amp's circuitry. In a way I feel like I am "cheating" if I do anything otherwise. NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG....I know almost all of you use pedals and like I said I use them too! This is why I am starting this poll. Just within the past couple of days I've been playing my amps side by side, appreciating the differences between them. I got tempted to utilize my pedals to see how the Classic 30 responded. I felt that the amps own circuitry did it for me by itself BUT I was really leaning toward the MXR Micro Amp for the simple fact that it "enhances" the amp's existing sound. In my case it's a great treble boost as I feel the Classic 30 to be a darker amp than my Marshall Jubilee to which I am used to hearing. Have I cheated? Is this a bad thing? You tell me!

Lets hear your preferences and why.