I may be trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but I don't think so. Many of you are modding Squiers and liking how they turn out. So, I'm doing a lot of tweaking to the one that I got from Strum. You've seen the pics of how she looks in the "For Sale/Trade" forum (thankfully I changed my mind), so you know she's looking good with that tortoiseshell pickguard, which is fully shielded with copper foil now.

Anyway, I've ordered a set of GFS Premium Texas Strat Pickups to put in her. According to the website, the bridge is about 30% hotter than a standard vintage coil pickup. The other 2 pickups are about 10% hotter, so she should have some guts to her once I get these babies in. I've already replaced the factory mini-500's with CTS 250k pots, so now the sound should be red hot, but hopefully not too hot. If I'm not mistaken, the Texas Strats are not as hot as Jay's "hot overwound" p'ups, so I should be able to get some decent cleans when I want.

I've also ordered the GFS replacement bridge/tremolo block kit, which has the solid steel block, so that should help with the tone and sustain as well.

My wife's giving me this for my Christmas present, so it looks like I'm having a Merry Christmas this year! Between this and the Crate Vintage Club 20, I should be set for really good sounds in the new year. I've also applied a decal that I got from Andy, that, to me, looks really good. Andy, you did a super job! Thanks my friend! I'll get a picture posted soon for ya'll to see.

Anyway, when I'm finished with all the mods, I will try to record a little and post it. BUT, you guys have got to promise not to ridicule my playing, 'cause it just ain't that great.